Wesley H. Watkins, CPA/PFS
Title:Managing Director & President
Education:BS in Accounting; MS in Taxation
Wes is a Certified Public Accountant and Financial Advisor with 30 years of experience assisting executives, professionals, business owners and high-net-worth individuals in the development, implementation and monitoring of personal financial plans.
With his unique and distinct perspective, Wes guides clients through an objective financial planning process where planning strategies are developed around specific personal goals related to financial, investment, estate and risk management. By focusing on personal goals and values, Wes is able to help clients evaluate, form conclusions and make decisions in identifying the most appropriate strategies to incorporate into their plan.
Wes is a Tax Services Partner of the parent firm, Cherry Bekaert LLP. He serves as President of Cherry Bekaert Wealth Management LLC and Chairs their
Prior to joining Cherry Bekaert, Wes served as managing director of tax and wealth management services for the Richmond office of RSM McGladrey, Inc.
- Individual, Estate & Gift Taxation
- Investment Portfolio Management
- Financial & Retirement Planning
- Corporate Benefits & Retirement Plans
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- Personal Financial Planning Section of AICPA
- Richmond Estate Planning Council
- Richmond Private Business Study Group
- Registered Investment Advisor Representative, Series 65
- Advisory Board Director, Past Board Director, Goodwill Industries of
Central Virginia, Inc.
- Past Director, Bull Run Hunt, Inc.