Christine M. Slate
Title:Chief Compliance Officer
Education:Bachelor of Business Administration, Averett University
As Chief Compliance Officer for Cherry Bekaert Wealth Management, Christine is in charge of the Firm's overall compliance efforts. Her primary responsibilities are to ensure Cherry Bekaert complies with regulatory requirements and has a sound compliance infrastructure. Other duties handled by Christine include serving as the key liaison with regulatory agencies, as well as third-party service providers like legal counsel, broker-dealers, and custodians. In addition, she safeguards proper due diligence on the Firm’s vendors, secures various licensing for the Firm and its employees, manages insurance policy and bond needs, and coordinates all legal and corporate governance matters.
With more than 25 years of experience in the financial services and registered investment advisory field, Christine's background includes expertise in customer service management, compliance, operations management, training and administration. She
is also Series 65 registered as an Investment Advisory Agent, and holds the Registered Paraplanner designation from the College of Financial Planning.
Christine is a member of the National Society of Compliance Professionals, and has spoken on various panels at regional and national meetings. She has also represented Cherry Bekaert through her work with Executive Women International (EWI), serving on the Richmond board and various national and EWI Corporate Committees.
- Series 65
- National Society of Compliance Professionals (NSCP)
- Former President, Richmond Chapter of Executive Women International (EWI)
- Chair, Executive Women International Spring Conference (2012)
- Chair, Virginia College Fund (2017-2018)
- Former Board Member, Passion Community Church (PCC)
- Advisory Board, Needle’s Eye Ministries, Inc.
- Former Small Group Leader, Needle’s Eye Ministries, Inc.
- Heart & Hands Award, Women’s Ministry